We’ve been pretty busy around the nursery lately, getting new shipments of tropicals and creating bonsai. If you haven’t stopped by the nursery lately come on in and visit. We have made our class schedule for the first half of 2011, kicking things off with a Juniper workshop on January 29. Other classes will include Bonsai Maintenance, a Pomegranate workshop, and a Beginners class; details will be available very shortly. We are also offering gift certificates for those classes.
Speaking of gifts, we’ve bundled together everything needed to get started with bonsai into a Holiday Bonsai Kit. $49.95 gets you:
- 1 Round unique artist-made pot made of high-fired clay. These are one-of-a-kind and each is of a different color and style.
- 1 Quart of our own bonsai soil, composed of a refined blend to promote drainage and water-retention at the same time
- 1 Japanese Juniper – A true classic tree
- 3 different gages of training wire
- 1 pair of Japanese clippers, made of carbon steel and offer a “soft grip” handle.
A photo of the set:
This kit is currently available in-store and
we are working hard to get it available on-line as well!
Finally in the news we have opened a You tube account and posted our first video; a short how-to on wiring, embedded below:
We’ll keep you posted as we create more videos related to bonsai. You can also find the videos at www.youtube.com/allshapesbonsai as they get posted.